precise orientation fastener ideas

I don't think I've ever seen one personally, other than in jig books.

A "watch plate" doesn't sound familiar.

I'm not sure I'd be interested making a watch plate, if it truly is the "ultimate expression of the toolmaker's art." I'm in the middle of my European practical final exam and filing a square hole to an H7 tolerance is just about enough expression for me....

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

.5° works out to +/-.0043" over one inch. This should be easily achieved using a free-running keyway.

Let us know how you make out..

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

The shoulder should go into the mounting piece. That makes the two pieces exactly right.

Bob May