Pulley system vs geared system

I am designing a power transfer system for a platter. Which of the two
systems, pulley are geared is the best for transferring power with the
least noise and vibration but will still be able to run realiably at
10000 RPM..
JAE
Reply to
Jae
10k??? What kind of platter?
10k is super precision bearings, flat belts and perfectly balanced parts. Or, get a video camera, hold my beer and watch this!
Reply to
Tom Gardner
For what it's worth, take a look at this:
the link gets broken that is grizzly.com catalog number G9981 "5 HP Overarm Router 2 Speed" the speeds being 10,000 and 20,000 rpm click the second thumbnail image to see the flat belt drive.
Reply to
Bob's my cat
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 01:52:06 -0700 (PDT), with neither quill nor qualm, "Bob's my cat" quickly quoth:
For info on a 18,000 RPM kitchen whisk, see
-- It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth have both failed. -- Kin Hubbard
Reply to
Larry Jaques