Punch and chisel gauge question

I got a punch and chisel set from HF. With it came a gauge, a "T" shaped affair. At the top of the T is a notch labeled

60 degrees, that sort of makes sense.

The armpits of the T have different radius curves, one marked "min", one marked "max".

What are these for?


Reply to
Loading thread data ...

For proper radius grinding of the hitting end of the punch.


Reply to
Mark Winlund

Thank you. that makes sense as well.

Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.