pillow source

Hey folks, What's a good, inexpensive source of pillow block bearings? Thanks in advance. BigJoe

Reply to
BigJoe

If you have a Northern Tool and Equipment (or Northern Hydraulics or whatever they're calling themselves this month) in your area they have some but may not have them in stock. Tractor supply is another inexpensive source and the two stores near me stock them.

I usually buy them from

but they have a store here in Charlotte so I can pick them up to save shipping.

Keith Marshall

What size do you need? Ive got a S*itload of them. Up to 1.5" Id IRRC.

Gunner

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know." -- P.J O'Rourke (1989)

Gunner

Hey Gunner: I'm looking for a pillow block insert, number UC208. 40mm ID, 80mm OD. Got any of those hanging around? BTW, no dash numbers like UC208-24. Those are inch ID's.

Thanks.

-- Bill Browne Excalibur

Claims, Taft-Hartley Fund, & Pension Administration Software

Reply to
Bill Browne

Hey Gunner, I need 2 - 3/4" I.D. pillow block bearings for a lathe I'm building. You can see it here...

When replying by e-mail, remove the "x" from the address.

Reply to
BigJoe

Insert or the entire pillow block? What rise do you need?

Gunner

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know." -- P.J O'Rourke (1989)

Gunner

Ill check in the morning when it gets light out.

I wish a few of you guys would come up some weekend and go through the piles of stuff that came out of that factory..I really need the space.

Gunner

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know." -- P.J O'Rourke (1989)

Gunner

The whole pillow block. Explain "rise".

Reply to
BigJoe

How high about the bottom of the flat surface of the housing, is the center of the bearing?

Some are much higher than others.

Gunner Whom didnt get a chance to check his piles of stuff, but will over the holidays (next weekend)

"The people who believe that, as a result of industrial development, life is about to become a hell, or may be one already, are guilty, at least, of sloppy pronouncements. On page 8 of Earth in the Balance, Al Gore claims that his study of the arms race gave him "a deeper appreciation for the most horrifying fact in all our lives: civilization is now capable of destroying itself." In the first place, the most horrifying fact in many of our lives is that our ex-spouse has gotten ahold of our ATM card. And civilization has always been able to destroy itself. The Greeks of ancient Athens, who had a civilization remarkable for lack of technological progress during its period of greatest knowledge and power, managed to destroy themselves just fine." -- P.J. O'Rourke, All the trouble in the world. The lighter side of famine, pestilence, destruction and death.

Gunner

I think that would refer to the height of the centerline of the bearing above the mounting plane.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols