Q on baking paint in oven

Just got some "brake caliper" paint as it said it was chemical-resistant; going to do a motorcycle fuel tank with it.

Can says that an hour at 200 farenheit will cure better than just air-drying.

Do I let it dry, then bake it? (Can does not say.)

For multiple coats, cure or dry&cure each one, or dry each and cure at the end, or what?

Reply to
_

I would let dry then bake it. Apply all coats first then bake. I've done this using engine enamel many times and it seems to work well.

Reply to
Gary Brady

Before I put that tank in an oven , I'd wash it thoroughly with detergent and *hot* water - twice - to be sure all the gas fumes are out of it . If you can still smell gas , wash it again . It takes surprisingly little gas vapor to ruin your day ... Best of luck with the paint job . What kind of bike ?

Reply to
Snag

Reply to
stans4