Query: Any Experience With This ToolPost Grinder?

Considering this grinder:

Looking for comment, pro or con.

Reply to
LP

According to LP :

It has a single speed, so only one size of wheel.

It appears to have no provisions for small mounted stones for use in grinding inside surfaces -- only for outside.

I have no idea how well balanced it may be. If it is poorly balanced, that will impact the finish.

And -- of course -- with *any* toolpost grinder, you need to take precautions to protecty your lathe bed (and other sliding surfaces) from the abrasive grit which is thrown by the machine.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Thanks DoN. All good info, and a couple of points that I hadn't considered. I'm still not ready to pull the trigger on this one but at least now I'm better armed.

Reply to
LP