Question about a mill tail stock for an indexer

A friend phoned me to ask if I had any idea where he could buy a used Tail Stock for his Yuasa 5C Indexer. I dont have any idea where to locate something like that for his mill table. Does anyone have a suggestion where I might buy a tail stock for him?

Thanks Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Martes

ebay has 5C indexer tail stocks, or did recently

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

========== see

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

------------------------------ Watch out w'en you'er gittin all you want. Fattenin' hogs ain't in luck.

Joel Chandler Harris (1848-1908), U.S. journalist. Uncle Remus: His Songs and His Sayings, "Plantation Proverbs" (1880).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

By the way, I have a "collet indexer" for 5C collets, with one collet in it, which I can part with for not too much (discount to ebay prices).

Ignoramus25732

Thanks, you guys. That really impresses me that Unc Geo is so good with finding stuff like this. eBay doesnt admit to me that they have an Indexer Tail Stock. If my buddy doesnt buy one of those you suggested, he doesnt want to solve his problem.

Again, Thanks Jerry

Jerry Martes

Well, one could always grab a pointed rod in a second indexer and use that for a tailstock too!

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Reply to
Grant Erwin

mine is exactly like that, I can sell it for $30. Comes with one collet, $8.10 shipping.

Ignoramus25732

This may not be everybody's answer, but when I needed temporary pivots for trueing a crankshaft journal on the mill (using a dovetail mill in the spindle), I used a piece of angle iron, 2" X 8" X 1/2" thick. I mounted the 2" flange to the table, located and drilled and tapped a hole in the 8 inch dimension for a pointed bolt at the correct height. (I made two of these for my application, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for a tailstock).

Pete Stanaitis

Jerry Martes wrote:

Reply to
spaco