Radio Control Varmint Control

Are you close enough to Indiana to move?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Chamber barrel for this...

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Reply to
Gunner Asch

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

Hmm ... one of the .22 Gatling guns -- mechanically interlocked so you have to push the remote button once per shot to keep it legal (if that would be sufficient).

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

A 12" smoothbore barrel makes it a short barreled shotgun and an NFA firearm. Check with state regs, then get your ATF stamp, then build it.

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

The best one I did was a plastic skull dressed up with ketchup and a lace curtain, rigged to slide and flutter down fishline toward the front door which I opened slowly from behind, out of sight but peeping through the hinge side. Adults backed off with alarm, the kids just grinned and held their candy bags up.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

My friend at work uses PLC controls and has a little spook walk type of thing set up in his yard for the trick or treaters. He rigs up things in the yard, trees, attic, porch and wherever.

That could be fun to try to terrify varmints with something that looks like a predator about the have them for lunch. Could be funny to catch on camera. I guess I could always do something like the squirrel sling shot on youtube but for raccoons, skunks, etc.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Humm...that would indeed likely fall into the Any Other catagory..which is a $5 tax stamp.

Or one could simply make the barrel 18.125" long and not bother with the authorities. clamp the barrel half way, and it becomes much more managable. The receiver only needs to be about 2" long to fit all the lock parts and firing pin. making the entire assembly about 20" long.....there might be an issue there too....

Then one could simply make a muzzle loading barrel and call it a model cannon with a much shorter barrel....

Humm...need to ponder on this a bit....

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I need one of these to deter the neighbourhood shitty cats that frequent the areas kept sow and frost free by the overhang, both front and rear on my side split. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Is there a minimum overall length limit on non-NFA weapons or is that a state thing?

BobH

Reply to
BobH

I've killed coral snakes and rattlers with the CCI .38 shot shell out of a 357 Blackhawk. I never used more than one shot. Maybe you were just too far away.

Well, there's "close" range and then there's "close enough." ;-)

Reply to
Steve Ackman

26" overall, wth a 16" barrel for rifled arms, 18" for smoothbores.

Federal law btw.

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Reply to
Tom Wait

Have you seen this?

cool ideas there, anyway.

Maybe even use the whole setup but with the access door going into a box that contains the food bowls instead of into the house? Doesn't fix the trash issue, but at least you'd fix half of the problem (assuming the little rascals don't figure out another way into the food enclosure). Or since you'd not likely be worried about the whole excluding mice portion, just get the collar activated pet door and sufficient collars for your pets?

--Glenn Lyford

Reply to
glyford

Now that's a pretty cool round!

Reply to
RB

At work some of the people take these 36" air wands / blow guns and have made darts with foam earplugs and a sharpened wire, they shoot and kill pigeons with the darts. Some others have fire set screws through the air wands and claim they shoot pretty hard. From that kind of idea I could construct an air gun and use darts or "bullets", may not kill a raccoon, but I would think it wouldn't be coming around after getting stuck with a couple of darts or hit with set screws.

Would ~100psi from a compressor shoot a projectile hard enough to deter a varmint?

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

More like a Marble Game Getter.

It still needs to be 26"+ OAL.

Nah, just adapter one of those new Ruger pistols based on the 10-22 action.

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

Huh? Wish I had not missed this one. Sounds interesting as heck.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

That's the ticket! A miniature UH-60 with a gas rifle! Chase those varmints across the neighborhood, pop-pop-pop! As a side business, you could sell the gun camera video!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I found some related youtube videos for anyone interested

?v=elpA1kSTaMY RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Don't know if it would be legal... by a long shot, or if there are any of a size suitable for your applicaton, but there are some precharged pneumatics (PCPs) with enough energy to easily kill small game. There are some that claim the energey to kill mid to large size game (deer maybe, but not a hippo). They will also put a hole in your garage, nasty dent in your car, break glass, and reek all kinds of havoc if discharged carelessly.

Reply to
Bob La Londe