Rebuilding early M head & need advice and parts

I own Bridgeport # 398 and have been using it for small projects. I completely disassembled the mill because of a minor issue and would like to rebuild what I can. The most wear is in the splines on the spindle and spindle pulley hub. I have been told no new parts exist for the M head. Does anyone have suggestions on how to replace or improve this slack? It mostly causes chatter when cutting. If anyone has used parts for first gen. Bridgeports I may be interested in them. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Bridgeport#398

I just went and purchased an M head that looks to be in much better shape than my original head. I have not decided if I am going to pull the parts out of it or just mount as is (after I clean it up). The surprising thing is the guy lives about 30 minutes down the road from me. He saw where I lived when I replied to the guy that had one on eBay. I guess that's the real power of the Internet.

Reply to
Bridgeport#398