renewing table saw surface

I have a table saw that isn't that old. But I neglected to seal the surface with a wax floor polish like the manual said to. It's rusting on the surface and in some areas it's starting to get rough. What can I do to stop the process now that it's begun? Ivan

Reply to
Ivan

Go over the rusted areas with a rotary wire brush in a hand drill. Then smooth over the surface with an oil stone or chisel sharpening stone lubricated with kerosene, clean it with white spirit and apply the wax.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

I used an air orbital sander with 220 grit on mine and then rewaxed

Reply to
GMasterman

A surface prep disk works great then clean dust off, then coat with a light coat of clear lacquer. Saw on This old house a paste wax that Tom Silva uses.

tt

Reply to
Terry Thorne

A friend of mine had his Unisaw table (essentially destroyed from years of cutting aluminum) Blanchard ground. Then he measured the slot and milled his miter gauges to a matching thickness. He was amazed at how cheap it was. Of course, the shop was on Seattle's Harbor Island in the midst of a bunch of similar shops. Now Harbor Island is a giant parking lot for trucks and I'm sure the Blanchard grinder guy is flipping burgers or something.

Grant

Ivan wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Reply to
Ivan

IIRC White spirit = Stoddard solvent in the US

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand