Proxxon FKS/E mini table saw

Referring to this table saw;

Has anyone ever used it to cut aluminum say .1" thick using the 24 tooth carbide blade or similar?

Reply to
oparr

Probably. But whether they succeeded or not is another question...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I often use my sliding compound mitre saw to cut aluminium and brass bar stock . But I have a 100 tooth carbide tipped nonferrous metal cutting blade for it and I rub a candle along the cut line or drip some kerosine on the metal as a lube for the blade for aluminium . I think a 24 tooth blade would be way too dangerous on thin aluminium.

I know of others who use thier woodworking table saws to cut aluminium sheet , but have a blade with plenty of teeth. Don't know about in the UK ,but some of the chain hardware stores here in Aus. sell Irwin brand saw blades for cutting non ferrous metals.

I have also used my hand held wood router ( before I got a milling machine)to cut slots in aluminium up to 6mm thick using cheap carbide tipped router bits and again candle wax or kerosine for a lubricant .

Works pretty good in a pinch .

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Cutting aluminum sheets and bars isn't the problem since I have a miter saw with 7" blade and a table saw with 10" blade made specifically for alu. It's these particular pieces of alu, they are

1"x1", flat >
Reply to
oparr