Proxxon FKS/E mini table saw

Referring to this table saw;
http://www.miniaturetree.com/imgcategory/257_b.jpg
Has anyone ever used it to cut aluminum say .1" thick using the 24
tooth carbide blade or similar?
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:47:49 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

Probably. But whether they succeeded or not is another question...
Regards, Tony
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I often use my sliding compound mitre saw to cut aluminium and brass bar stock . But I have a 100 tooth carbide tipped nonferrous metal cutting blade for it and I rub a candle along the cut line or drip some kerosine on the metal as a lube for the blade for aluminium . I think a 24 tooth blade would be way too dangerous on thin aluminium.
I know of others who use thier woodworking table saws to cut aluminium sheet , but have a blade with plenty of teeth. Don't know about in the UK ,but some of the chain hardware stores here in Aus. sell Irwin brand saw blades for cutting non ferrous metals.
I have also used my hand held wood router ( before I got a milling machine)to cut slots in aluminium up to 6mm thick using cheap carbide tipped router bits and again candle wax or kerosine for a lubricant .
Works pretty good in a pinch .
--
Kevin (Bluey)

Cutting aluminum sheets and bars isn't the problem since I have a miter saw with 7" blade and a table saw with 10" blade made specifically for alu. It's these particular pieces of alu, they are 1"x1", flat on only one side, not allowed to cut from above (can't use miter saw) and the table saw produces a ragged cut. Trying to get a near finished cut in one pass. The 168 or 230 teeth blades for the Proxxon may just do the trick. Thanks!