Reno full auto

I might be going to Reno over the 4th of July weekend and I'm thinking about checking out renting and shooting some full auto arms.

Anyone do this yet in the Reno area? Any recommendations or warnings about where to go?

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

As an Army vet, my opinion is that machine guns are way overrated. If you have to do it, try not to spend all too much money.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

It's only about $25/second to shoot even a 9mm.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I have done it, in Scottsdale in 2002 I had a chance to shoot an Uzi and a Chinese AK. The Uzi was more accurate than the AK. Although they both had folding stocks, the underfolding stock design of that AK made the rifle bounce all over the target. I'd like to try a Sten, something with a suppressor and maybe a Thompson.

I know it's expensive per round and of little practical value.

BUT IT'S FUN!!

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

I've been to the local machine gun shoots and have shot AKs and M-16s. The M-16 in .223 cost $20 for 20 rounds. The AK cost $30 with a 50 round drum. I got to strafe an old Chebby van with it, which was neat. Someone else got the little bundle of binary they hid inside. That was a real body shock when it lit. Ear-to-ear grins ensued.

My cost was only about $8 a second, which is still too much in any quantity. I made those 70 rounds last about five minutes by using short bursts, with the exception of the strafing run. After about five rounds, I got the muzzle back to my original line. Between the two, I preferred the AK, both in sound and feel. They were both good metal, to bring the topic around.

-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air? -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Sun, 01 Jan 2012 13:02:00 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Full Auto - Mother Nature's way of saying "You have way too much money to waste it all on drugs."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I'm still looking for an answer.

David