Replace drive belts - metal lathe

I have recently acquired a LeBlond Regal 13, maybe 1943 or '44. It's 3 drive belts, 60" are old and stiff with set and produce some vibration if the motor is not clamped tightly.

What is the best type of replacement belt for smoothest operation and with modern belts do I really need 3.

I am considering a cut edge, cogged v-belt like Browning grip notch. Another thought is the Fenner orange power twist belt. I guess reverse could be a problem with although I have one on my old Craftsman lathe and run it in reverse occasionally with no problem.

Thank you,

Fred

Reply to
none

Ask your supplier for a matched set of 3.

Reply to
Buerste