Replace drive belts - metal lathe

I have recently acquired a LeBlond Regal 13, maybe 1943 or '44. It's 3
drive belts, 60" are old and stiff with set and produce some vibration
if the motor is not clamped tightly.
What is the best type of replacement belt for smoothest operation and
with modern belts do I really need 3.
I am considering a cut edge, cogged v-belt like Browning grip notch.
Another thought is the Fenner orange power twist belt. I guess reverse
could be a problem with although I have one on my old Craftsman lathe
and run it in reverse occasionally with no problem.
Thank you,
Fred
Reply to
none
Ask your supplier for a matched set of 3.
Reply to
Buerste