Reversed bandsaw blade?

I just got a Dewalt bandsaw blade from Amazon Inc for my small Dewalt portable bandsaw. The teeth are freaking reversed. The blade is only 32-
7/8"and 1/2" wide, so I doubt there is any way to flip it.
Am I missing something? Or that just happens sometimes?
This is a joke, right?
On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 02:42:15 -0000 (UTC), John Doe

--
Ned Simmons

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message wrote: >I just got a Dewalt bandsaw blade from Amazon Inc for my small Dewalt

--
Ned Simmons

Talk is cheap.
I'd love to see you flip a 1/2" wide 33" long bandsaw blade, without damaging it.
Any YouTube videos? I will look, but I seriously doubt it.
There are 300 reviews by Average Joe users and nobody mentions having to flip the blade. Obviously it's a defect/mistake.
On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 16:36:42 -0000 (UTC), John Doe

I just did, 6 times. Sorry, no video, you'll have to take my word for it.
--
Ned Simmons

Yeah, sure you did, to convince only yourself...
--
Ned Simmons < snipped-for-privacy@nedsim.com> wrote:

Any wider or shorter and it WOULDN'T flip. I wanted to see someone else do it, that's all. I appreciate the trouble a REAL poster toke to make a 33" blade. The blades were replaced and originals returned. No need to risk damage because of an improperely welded blade.
--

Gunner Asch < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote:

On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 8:55:41 AM UTC-4, Ned Simmons wrote:

It's June 1, not April 1... I would just reverse the polarity, or cut with the other hand...
Haven't found any example on the Internet. I'll wait for somebody to put a video where their mouth is...
--
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On 6/1/2020 7:55 AM, Ned Simmons wrote:

You're missing the point that John Doe is an idiot that can't think his way out of a paper bag .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
Snag <snag snipped-for-privacy@msn.com> wrote:

I will continue asking on YouTube, to see if somebody can verify the idea a 1/2" wide 32 7/8" bandsaw blade can be flipped (without damage).
Talk is cheap...
--

"John Doe" wrote in message
I will continue asking on YouTube, to see if somebody can verify the idea a 1/2" wide 32 7/8" bandsaw blade can be flipped (without damage).
Talk is cheap...
===============================You've had enough time to pass or FAIL the spatial relations IQ test, so here's the solution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsynZWJPSxw

BUT SERIOUSLY!!!
That blade is three times the guy's height (at least 4 feet). If you know anything about materials and physics, you should know... The shorter and wider the rigid band, the more difficult it is to flip.
If you put your thumbs and fingers on a 32 7/8" long 1/2" wide blade and twist, the thing will point straight up into the air (like your penis, about 60 years ago).
--
"Jim Wilkins" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 19:40:11 -0000 (UTC), John Doe

Because what's the sense in flipping a $6 blade that has zero value in its current state when you can sit on your ass and waste more time waiting for a spoon-fed answer?
Here's another way to look at it: You've wasted more time than it would take to earn that 6 bucks at minimum wage. On the other hand, if you flip the blade, it'll take about 5 seconds, and the blade's value will increase by $6. $6/5 seconds = $4,320/hr.
--
Ned Simmons

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message wrote: >I will continue asking on YouTube, to see if somebody can verify the

Because what's the sense in flipping a $6 blade that has zero value in its current state when you can sit on your ass and waste more time waiting for a spoon-fed answer?
Here's another way to look at it: You've wasted more time than it would take to earn that 6 bucks at minimum wage. On the other hand, if you flip the blade, it'll take about 5 seconds, and the blade's value will increase by $6. $6/5 seconds = $4,320/hr.
--
Ned Simmons

==================================
On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 21:27:07 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
If he loses his typing finger(s) without actually dying it might be a win;-)
Stupid shop trick, best done with a worn out fine tooth to minimize risk. Fold a blade like in the video. Fold it again, against the bottom edge of a workbench. You now have nine very small coils, hand it to someone unsuspecting and ask them to hold it. Then watch as they realize they can not let go without it unfolding back to three coils.
Throwing it to the floor is the quickest way out. Or (with practice) take it back and revisit the workbench.
--
William

"William Bagwell" wrote in message wrote: >We shouldn't encourage him to touch sharp objects.
If he loses his typing finger(s) without actually dying it might be a win;-)
Stupid shop trick, best done with a worn out fine tooth to minimize risk. Fold a blade like in the video. Fold it again, against the bottom edge of a workbench. You now have nine very small coils, hand it to someone unsuspecting and ask them to hold it. Then watch as they realize they can not let go without it unfolding back to three coils.
Throwing it to the floor is the quickest way out. Or (with practice) take it back and revisit the workbench.
--
William

Difficult to believe somebody familiar with materials does not know a 33" long 1/2" wide blade is more difficult to flip than a 6' long 1 1/2" wide blade. But here you have it...
--
"Jim Wilkins" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 11:41:26 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

Likely a fellow student taught me, certainly not my instructor. TIG's in the 70s just tickled a bit, "Look at me, I can strike an arc on my fingers" modern ones are like "Holy shit why did I do that!"
--
William