Reversed bandsaw blade?

I just got a Dewalt bandsaw blade from Amazon Inc for my small Dewalt portable bandsaw. The teeth are freaking reversed. The blade is only 32-

7/8"and 1/2" wide, so I doubt there is any way to flip it.

Am I missing something? Or that just happens sometimes?

Reply to
John Doe

Ned Simmons

This is a joke, right? =====================

It won't be so funny if he doesn't have leather gloves. =====================

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Talk is cheap.

I'd love to see you flip a 1/2" wide 33" long bandsaw blade, without damaging it.

Any YouTube videos? I will look, but I seriously doubt it.

There are 300 reviews by Average Joe users and nobody mentions having to flip the blade. Obviously it's a defect/mistake.

Reply to
John Doe

I just did, 6 times. Sorry, no video, you'll have to take my word for it.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

It's June 1, not April 1... I would just reverse the polarity, or cut with the other hand...

Reply to
bnwelch

Yeah, sure you did, to convince only yourself...

Reply to
John Doe

Haven't found any example on the Internet. I'll wait for somebody to put a video where their mouth is...

Reply to
John Doe

You're missing the point that John Doe is an idiot that can't think his way out of a paper bag .

Reply to
Snag

Silly troll...

Reply to
John Doe

I will continue asking on YouTube, to see if somebody can verify the idea a 1/2" wide 32 7/8" bandsaw blade can be flipped (without damage).

Talk is cheap...

Reply to
John Doe

I will continue asking on YouTube, to see if somebody can verify the idea a 1/2" wide 32 7/8" bandsaw blade can be flipped (without damage).

Talk is cheap...

=================================

You've had enough time to pass or FAIL the spatial relations IQ test, so here's the solution:

Jim Wilkins

BUT SERIOUSLY!!!

That blade is three times the guy's height (at least 4 feet). If you know anything about materials and physics, you should know... The shorter and wider the rigid band, the more difficult it is to flip.

If you put your thumbs and fingers on a 32 7/8" long 1/2" wide blade and twist, the thing will point straight up into the air (like your penis, about 60 years ago).

Reply to
John Doe

Because what's the sense in flipping a $6 blade that has zero value in its current state when you can sit on your ass and waste more time waiting for a spoon-fed answer?

Here's another way to look at it: You've wasted more time than it would take to earn that 6 bucks at minimum wage. On the other hand, if you flip the blade, it'll take about 5 seconds, and the blade's value will increase by $6. $6/5 seconds = $4,320/hr.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Because what's the sense in flipping a $6 blade that has zero value in its current state when you can sit on your ass and waste more time waiting for a spoon-fed answer?

Here's another way to look at it: You've wasted more time than it would take to earn that 6 bucks at minimum wage. On the other hand, if you flip the blade, it'll take about 5 seconds, and the blade's value will increase by $6. $6/5 seconds = $4,320/hr.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

If he loses his typing finger(s) without actually dying it might be a win;-)

Stupid shop trick, best done with a worn out fine tooth to minimize risk. Fold a blade like in the video. Fold it again, against the bottom edge of a workbench. You now have nine very small coils, hand it to someone unsuspecting and ask them to hold it. Then watch as they realize they can not let go without it unfolding back to three coils.

Throwing it to the floor is the quickest way out. Or (with practice) take it back and revisit the workbench.

Reply to
William Bagwell

Reply to
bnwelch

Lots of cheap troll talk. Same as all the off-topic garbage posted to this group...

Reply to
John Doe

Talk is cheap...

Reply to