Ring Roller

Ernie Leimkuhler

I am looking to make a basic ring roller to roll up to 3"x3" square tubing. Can anyone help me on plans for one this size? I have seen many of the little "wire" ones and seen ones like offered on Shop Outfitters web site but I have not seen anyones plans.

One question I have is which rollers to drive from. I have seen some drive the one movable roller while others drive the other 2.

Do you have to do anything special to the outside of the rollers to help prevent slipage? Like Knurl?

Thanks

Scott

Reply to
S_Riddle

Correct me if I am wrong, but you want to be able to roll 3" sq tube into rings? Thats a pretty serious sized piece of tube to roll.

Knurls may be necessary on smaller diameter rollers, but I have not found this to be a problem. The HF ring roller has knurls on it. Others I have seen in this size do not. Other than slight marks it may or may not cause any problems, depending on the final use of the rings.

I really think its 6 of one and half a dozen of the others as to how many rollers need to drive. In a small roller I would think one would be sufficient. I ganged all three rollers on a larger pipe roller to drive. I would make it with the drive roller being the easiest one to drive out of your design you settle on. I like the adjustable roller to drive for the most part.

Reply to
Roy