New Ring Roller available

Someone recently asked about a ring roller like the one used on American Chopper and the one at Shop Outfitters was suggested. I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new one on the market that might be worth a try.

I went to a Homier truckload tool sale yesterday and they now have one for $99.99. It looks to be about the same size as the Shop Outfitters' version but instead of a large wheel it uses 4 handles. The top roller has ball bearings mounted in 4-bolt flanges and the bracket holding the lower rollers is raised with a small hydraulic jack to control the amount of bend.

It looks like it might be decent but they only had a display with none to sell this time. The one thing I noticed that I didn't like is that there were no grooves in the rollers for bending rod. I'm sure you could do it anyway but the grooves help keep it straight.

Here's a link for anyone that's interested:

It's a simple design that would be very easy to build but $100 isn't a bad price either. :-)

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

they told you that it was a display model??? its those guys who they send out on the trucks... they dont want to go out and get one out the truck for you... i had the same thing years ago... they even told me that they had the item on the truck(it was a $00.00 item) and they would not go out to the truck to get it until they sold all the junk that was in the viewing room first....

Reply to
jim

Geez I like Homier!

I ran into a tent sale up this way a few years ago and got one of those big drill caddies full of chinese drills for $10bucks a pop - same crap, afaik, that everyone else gets $29-$39 bucks for... must be, they break the same! '- )

_-_-bear

Keith Marshall wrote:

Reply to
BEAR