Rockwell Model 781 Disk Sander

Greetings and Salutations... Friday afternoon, while in a semi-fruitless search to replace the 6' stepladder that grew legs and walked off sometime in the last month or so, I ran across the above disk sander in a local pawn shop. Since they were having a 20% off sale, I could not resist giving it a home for $45. It looks like a large (7" or so) angle grinder, and may be old, but it is in great shape. I pulled it apart and check bearings, etc, and found that not only were they in good shape, but, the grease in the spiral gear that spins the disk was in great shape too. Cleaned it up, put a new plug on the end of the remaining cord (It had gotten sanded at some point, and, fixed with solder and electrical tape), and fired it up. It works great. Now..this is not really a gloat (although it WILL make my work on the 36" drum sander go a bit quicker when I am cleaning up the welds), but rather a query as to whether anyone has a pointer to a manual/parts list for this monster. I am going to call Delta on Monday, but, I fear that it may be old enough that they will have nothing for me but a blank look. Regards Dave Mundt

P.S. I DID go ahead and replace 2 8x32 screws and 1 10x32 screw that held part of the handle in place, as their heads were a bit nasty...but that was it. DCM

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Try here:

They have exploded diagrams of damn near everything and can provide some hard-to-find parts.

Reply to
B.B.

You might also try:

which is the Old Woodworking Machine web site. They have a brochures and manuals for a *lot* of old tools there.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

If what you are referencing is a hand power tool, you'll probably be SOL with Delta. Their lineage is for the stationary tools.

In the long and covoluted history that is Rockwell tools, you'd have better luck barking up another branch of the family tree and try Porter Cable. Some of the PC designs are rebadged from Rockwell's days of glory.

B.B. wrote:

Reply to
Dick Streff

Yea, I kind of suspected that. It LOOKS like a big angle grinder...but I was kind of hoping that the fine folks there at Delta would at least point me in the right direction. I really don't "need" the manual, as this thing is about as dirt simple as it can be, but, I DO like to get what documentation I can... Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

replying to Dave Mundt, Ellen Matz wrote: Dave,did you ever find that manual? I am now the proud owner of the same machine and can find NOTHING!

Reply to
Ellen Matz