Runaway Bridgeport update

I've had a chance to start pulling apart the runaway Bridgeport and found some interesting things! Every bearing I've seen and the speed adjuster worm screw are packed with what used to be grease and now is concrete! I'm a startin' to wonder what other bearings I need to do something with. Another thing I learned is that these things are built like very well designed tanks. I wonder how far back the design goes that hasn't changed even a little bit. This one was built in '96, the guy did exactly four jobs of shaving BMW motorcycle heads, all in 97. So, it's been sitting for 9 years in an un-heated garage shop. He stopped doing stuff then. The tale moves like silk though and is tight as my but. I've straightened some of the stuff and feel confident I can straighten the X screw, it's only bent from the dial out. The Y actually looks OK. The work lamp is about 1/4" thick...I think I'll throw it away. The bolt-on parts are cheap and readily available and there's a supplier just a mile away. I WILL touch-up the paint! I wonder what other "Easter Eggs" I'll run into...any guesses?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

714-850-1266

PT Engineering. The gomer that answers will be Tho Nugyen.

He has a shitload of BP parts, some in like new condition, some needing polishing and so forth. What you are mostly needing are head parts and end brackets as I recall (list not in front of me)

When you talk to him, tell him Mark referred you and then ask for his fax number so you can fax him a list of parts. He and I will go through his stocks and see what we can dig up. We owe each other (Tho and I) a bunch of favors and are good long time friends. He Nuba One Gi!

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

Udaman! I'll do it!