Saddam rumor true?

Dicky old buddy..you made a basic flaw in your spew....and I called you on it. First of all..what is a tax break? Its getting more of your own money back, that was taken from YOU in the first place. Not some nebulous treasure chest that has your kids and grand kids names on it.

Tell you what..how about letting me keep my own money, and passing it on the my children and grandchildren, and not letting the Government get their Handling Fee chunk out of it, and I can even make MY money make more money by either interest or dividends, allowing my children and grand children to inherit even MORE money.

You made some spew with vile intent about buying votes with tax breaks. I will vote for nearly anyone who wants to steal LESS of my money, or give me my money back. Wouldnt you? Or would you rather let some administrator handle your money, syphon 75% off the top for administration fees, then piss the remaining 25% away?

If you do, I can recommend a really good law firm, Cheatum,Bilkum and Stole to do trust fund planning for you.

I made the comment about the Demonrats Directly buying votes with your money by paying for winos etc to vote. Quite true.

Is there some reason you are unable to see the difference between getting your own money back, and letting some Party hack piss it away on booze and smokes to a bunch of unemployed(able) winos?

If you are unable to..no wonder you are a Dem.

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'" Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Reply to
Gunner

And its a damned shame so many Dems were not prosecuted for trying to steal the last one. But alls well that ends well.

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'" Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Reply to
Gunner

Hummmm after 8 yrs of Democrat administration devoted to furthering their agendas with Chicom money, you are willing to mention that? Good boy..maybe there is hope.

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'" Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Reply to
Gunner

There is always hope. The problem is, the solutions to this country's problems may not appear in our lifetimes. I grow increasingly depressed: a personal vendetta masquerading as a war in Iraq, fueled by friends of the White House; some thirty or forty million Americans living at or near the poverty level; deteriorating educational standards and the millions of kids who can only play video games but cannot read or write or do simple math; the rape of our elderly by greedy pharmaceutical houses (the new Medicare bill is a masterpiece - a 1000 page document so studded with political pork you can use it for Christmas dinner), the environment, fuel oil (and natural gas) prices ...... and on, and on.

We have no money to feed our kids a decent school lunch - but we have 86 Billion to send to Iraq. Something is wrong somewhere.

Oh, well. Best wishes to you and yours for the Christmas season. And, as Tiny Tim (notorious left wing agitator and peacenik) said: "God bless us. Every One."

Regards,

Marv

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
Marv Soloff

What you apparently fail to understand is that Bush and his administration and Congresscritter cronies are merely shifting and postponing taxes.

Gumnt spending is higher, gumnt income is lower. The money to straighten out the mess is going to come from future generations and not so future generations in the form of inflation and higher taxes.

The problem wasn't high taxes, the problem was high spending. Cutting taxes while increasing spending is just plain dumb.

Slapping labels on people without having any idea what you are talking about says more about you than it does me.

Dick

Reply to
D.B.

Have you ever in your lifetime lived at or near the poverty line? I have and so have many others, that didn't stop there, just passed on thru. A lot of folks do this as young married couples starting out, only to move on to bigger and better times.

deteriorating educational standards and the

How long can a business operate at a loss and still develope safe and effective medicine?

(the new Medicare bill is a masterpiece - a 1000 page document so

Gotta agree with that one.

I do too, my kids have been well fed all their lives, why pray tell should I expect others to pay for food for my children? I decided to have them, I will feed them. Simple.

- but we have 86

Ho!, Ho!, Ho! to you! JTMcC.

Reply to
JTMcC

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Sure have - and now that I am retired and have seen my pensions disappear due to corporate jiggery-pokery, I'll be at the poverty line again. But I know how to do it this time around.

Seems the Pharms can make a profit on the same medications they sell to Canada or Mexico for half what they sell them for here. I call that price gouging.

My kids have also been fed and clothed all their lives - but millions of kids come to school hungry every day. I think it is bizarre to find that the Iraqui and Afghani kids have lunch on Uncle Sam every day - but the poorer kids in Detroit or Camden have no funding for milk or bread or meat.

Thanks! and a great Holiday to you and a prosperous New Year.

Regards,

Marv

Reply to
Marv Soloff

Every tax break in the last 60 yrs that Im aware of, resulted in increased revenues...very increased revenues. Need the cites?

No nation on earth ever taxed itself into prosperity.

You do understand that we are recovering from a recession, are you not? Where incomes and tax revenues were all low for the most part. Lets discuss this issue 1 yr from now, and bring your data.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, has webbed feet, and has a ducks agenda, there is no reason to suspect its a toaster.

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'" Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Reply to
Gunner

Millions of kids come to school hungry. Given the obscene amounts of money we pay out to entitlements such as WIC (and its clones), welfare in its various guises..there is no reason for those kids to come to school hungry. And when they do..they are fed in every school that I can think of.

Now why are those kids coming to school hungry? No money for food at home? Interesting. Why not? Dad a drunk and Mom a crack ho?

Please tell me WHERE in the USA children cannot get welfare money for food. Not that its anyones responsibility to pay for Momma or Poppas piss poor child raising ability..but please trot out the data for us.

Also be sure to include the 8 million or so illegal aliens that are also leeching off the various programs. Please include the data that shows the medical intitlements are virtually bankrupt because of the awful drain on the medical, welfare and school system by illegals as well.

Hot Lunch Program? Oh..thats where the Eeeevillll Republicans want to starve the Children, right?

Odd..I brought a lunch from home every day in a lunch bucked when I went to school, even when I worked. Imagine that. And gosh a roonie..my neighbor wasnt forced at gun point to pay for my lunch. Odd how that happens

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'" Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Reply to
Gunner

Oddly enought the article in the NY Times yesterday said that even throughout the recession, business profits have been steadily increasing. The number of unemployed however is still not going down at this time, and wages are not going up.

The article made the point that I've been stressing all along, that the unemployed workers are being counted on to buy stuff, to stimulate the economy, which will not happen until they either a) get a job if they're unemployed, or b) get a raise if they are employed.

Jim

jim rozen

I would have to see proof of those millions of hungry kids. When my wife was running the meal program at the local school (K thu 8th grade, 2 room rural school that had about 27 or so kids) in the mid 90's, the school recieved federal money for free or reduced breakfast, and lunch. Full price lunch - $1.25, reduced price - $0.60, and free was of course - free, breakfast was a little lower. Add to that the welfare programs available - WIC, Food Stamps, ect. plus the local food banks, plus most churches keep a supply of food on hand for those that need it and there is little or no reason for a kid, much less millions of kids to go to school hungry. The High School down the road doesn't prepare lunches, but has a lunch room with venders (Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Subway, plus a couple of local joints that prepare and serve food kinda like the food court at a mall. Qualifying students get vouchers, good at all the venders. I just don't see these hungry kids, and I belong to a couple of organizations that feed/cloth/ect. kids in need whenever and wherever they are found. This is the most generous country in the history of the world, the hungry have many many sources of help.

Ho Ho Ho!

JTMcC.

Reply to
JTMcC

Personal income tax revenues are a drop in the bucket in total amounts of tax revenues generated IRRC.

On a side note..a lot of those jobs are never coming back. Period. End program, full stop.

Companies that have survived the DotCom explosion and the recession have gotten lean and mean, became more productive with less labor costs. Hence more product with less employees. Business generated tax revenues will continue to climb because of the tax cut, however as you stated, personal income tax revenues will stay static or fall some as people take lower paying jobs to stay afloat.

Cites to the contrary?

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'" Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

Reply to
Gunner

Ha, that must've stuck in their liberal throats on the way up :o) (having to admit that) Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

Which only goes to show that if you look hard enough at anything, no matter how good it is, you can find something to bitch about. THat's the democratic strategy for the coming year. Maybe you could get a job on one of the campaigns Jim... and stimulate the economy :o). Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

You may not have noticed but on February 23rd of this year the Republicans forced through a bill in The House of Representatives to effectively abolish the School lunch program by laying it off on the cash poor states. The only thing that saved it in the Senate was the big agribusiness lobby.

Now Pete Domenici who supported the bill in the Spring is bragging on how he "saved" it after it was renewed in November.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

Umm, you missed the point. They can manufacture all the product they want, but if nobody buys it it's not going to produce profit, and there's not going to be any tax revenue.

The gist of the article is, well the recession wasn't that bad, we are pulling out. But somebody better be there to consume or it's gonna start to stall.

Jim

jim rozen

feed/cloth/ect.

Forced? Was this done at gunpoint?

through a bill in The House of Representatives to

A program that uses tax dollars is IMO administered more effectively at lower levels of government, the lower the better, because at least SOME level of accountability comes into play. A beaurocrat in Washington can waste my money with impunity, he fears NO citizen. My local county supervisors however, do fear the consequences of the actions they take.

Deck the halls!

JTMcC.

The only thing that saved it in the Senate was the

Reply to
JTMcC

How true. Yet another reason why the US needs to continue to compete in a

*global* economy. All of those consumers you are asking for are all over the world, not just the US. There are 4.5 billion consumers on this planet outside of the US. We definitely need to provide them an opportunity to consume our products.

RS

Reply to
Siggy

You do have an answer for everything don't you? It must comforting. No questions? Only answers? And the right answers of course.

Abrasha

Abrasha