Scroll Chuck lubricant

I do a little HSM from time to time and today I thought it was time to clean out my 3 jaw scroll chuck (Chinese). Lots of chips stuck in grease in the scroll, the rest was pretty clean. I assume the best lubricant would be dry so that chips will not adhere. Does anyone know of any modestly priced dry high pressure lubricant or have any recommendations.

Thanks, John.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
John Wilson

I used Mobil 1 synthetic grease from the local auto-parts store. This grease is noticeably slicker than common grease, and the tube cost all of $4.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

I've used Dow Corning GN metal assembly paste for years. Chips don't adhere to it readily and it is a very effective extreme pressure lube. MSC carries it in aerosol. It is also available in paste form in a tube from other suppliers.

Randal

Reply to
Randal O'Brian

--I use a medium oil; never use grease.

Reply to
steamer

Link fails. But it's MSC item #31735434.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Anyone have any comments about this bearing lube at the bottom of the page

John.

** Posted from
**
Reply to