Securing Multiple Machines 5th Wheel Trailer

I'm having trouble visualizing how to strap down machines when they are so close together. Specialized carpeted wood shims and the machines strapped around each other and then strapped down...? Drill holes through the deck and strap each machine independently. How are things to be checked the first 1/3rd of the trip while covered with tarps? I was gonna get a container, but cut short cause of the weight alone of the box. Things will happen fast once the simi shows up and would like some input from ya'll on how to approach such a dilemma.

Garbage bags & 2 part foam ( have some extra) ? Punt, and cleat/strap each individually as the moment occurs?

Reply to
Sunworshipper

First off the straps or chains hold the machine to the deck of the trailer. These restrain the item from moving at all.

The driver is usually responsible for securing the cargo and getting the weight within limits although you as the shipper may have to move it to a position that the driver specifies.

Occasionally cleats will be nailed to the deck.

How big a trailer have you ordered?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

40 feet, I don't know what they are called, but it has two levels. I over heard from the owner of the rig that most of the machines should be on the upper deck over the 5th wheel. Guess I'm going to need a lot of straps for 10 machines from 800 to 2,000 lbs. Hope there is enough room for the lesser half's stuff cause the machine are going on first!
Reply to
Sunworshipper

Sounds like a step deck or a drop deck. Talk to the trucking company they should supply the chains and the binders for the load. Tarps also should be supplied.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf