Security TV Systems

I am considering putting in a wireless camera system to keep an eye on things around my house and shop area. Does anyone here use these? Had any experiences with them? Have any brand name suggestions or sites?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I recently bought a couple of (wired) cameras at $20 each ($0.99 bid, $19 shipping) on ebay, like you can see among items at

they arrived quickly and work fine. I also bought 2 of the "110~240V 12V Switching Adapter $5" items (no extra shipping charge). They turned out to be labeled as 8V adapters but work ok.

This seller also has wireless cameras at about $31 delivered, eg

and something with a receiver at about $78. No experience with either.

-jiw

Reply to
James Waldby

Check-out x10.com I've used a bunch of their stuff with delight! Good stuff, good prices, good service. It's a BIG toy store.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Nope. Any place that puts out as many pop-up ads as they do gets none of my business. The fact that these pop-up ads appeared to be selling to the set who feel that their "security" will be enhanced by planting a wireless camera that looks into a neighbor's or daughter's shower is another point against them. Since I started more active pop-up elimination I haven't seen any, but I have a long memory for companies not to do business with based on their use of spam or pop-ups.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 12:42:52 GMT, Ecnerwal vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

But they had good stuff at amazing prices.Whatver their jive or ad angle.

But then they would not sell to me at those prices in Oz. I had to go to an agent that blew the prices right out the door.

Reply to
Old Nick

I wish they would do my marketing and sales! For every one offended they get a numnber of customers. I hate unwanted ads too but, I admire them.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

"SteveB" wrote in news:%ELGc.11016$nc.4191@fed1read03:

I have been looking at the D-Link securicam stuff. They have wireless and ethernet cameras. In comparison to a *real security camera setup, it looks pretty good for the price.

Dave W