Sellers 1G drill Grinder parts?

I just bought a model 1G Sellers drill grinder that is missing the
grinding wheel. I didn't think much about the missing wheel when I
bought the grinder but it turns out that finding one is a big deal.
The grinder needs a 5" plate mounted wheel and it seems NOBODY has
that size. I can find 6" wheels all over town but no 5" wheels.
Any idea where I can find a 5" plate mounted wheel?
Gary
Reply to
gary
Hey Gary,
Not a lot of help. but the Darex E-90 uses a 5" deep-cup wheel. But it is not plate mounted.
You might try contacting Norton direct and ask them.
Maybe make an adapter plate so you can use a different style, or can you maybe do some mod to allow the grinder to swing the much more common 6" plate mount stones?
Take care.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Reply to
Brian Lawson
I called Norton. They said they would be happy to make up a special 5" size wheel if I was willing to order 10 of them. Oh well...
I think the best solution is to make some sort of wheel adapter for the grinder.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Gary
Reply to
gary
immparts had written this in response to
:
We provide replacement parts, wheels and other components for all Farrel and Sellers Drill Grinders including your 1-G. Contact me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com ------------------------------------- gary wrote:
Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - rec.crafts.metalworking - 190682 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Reply to
immparts
Call sam smith at standard diamond
Reply to
roscoeba60
if you steel looking for wheels i have a few
Reply to
Sergio
Do you have parts for Sellers grinders?
Reply to
Driller
Do you have parts for Sellers grinders?
Reply to
Driller
I cannot find standard diamond. I am looking for sellers 1g parts. Could you help me out?
Reply to
Michael McCloskey
I need a 5" wheel for Sellers 1G grinder
Reply to
Michael McCloskey
I cannot find standard diamond. I am looking for sellers 1g parts. Could you help me out?
Reply to
Michael McCloskey
I need a 5" wheel for Sellers 1G grinder
Reply to
Michael McCloskey
Radiac was the wheel maker for the 6g Sellers . They may even have some stock for your sellers. I would also talk to Norton & Radiac about what they use to bond a wheel to their steel back plates. ...can't be that complicated.
Reply to
randy
Radiac was the wheel maker for the 6g Sellers . They may even have some stock for your sellers. I would also talk to Norton & Radiac about what they use to bond a wheel to their steel back plates. ...can't be that complicated.
Reply to
randy
I have a sellers 1g drill grinder and I'm looking for parts also
Reply to
lfelipe09
I have a sellers 1g drill grinder and I'm looking for parts also
Reply to
lfelipe09
if u still need wheels i can spare 1 or 2
Reply to
sergio
if u still need wheels i can spare 1 or 2
Reply to
sergio
Hey Sergio, I have a Sellers 1G I just got up and going. I really need a wheel if you still have spare. Please contact me at snipped-for-privacy@rocketmail.com. Thank you so much for your help!
Reply to