Sellers 1G drill Grinder parts? (2023 Update)

I just bought a model 1G Sellers drill grinder that is missing the grinding wheel. I didn't think much about the missing wheel when I bought the grinder but it turns out that finding one is a big deal.

The grinder needs a 5" plate mounted wheel and it seems NOBODY has that size. I can find 6" wheels all over town but no 5" wheels.

Any idea where I can find a 5" plate mounted wheel?

Gary

Reply to
gary

Hey Gary,

Not a lot of help. but the Darex E-90 uses a 5" deep-cup wheel. But it is not plate mounted.

You might try contacting Norton direct and ask them.

Maybe make an adapter plate so you can use a different style, or can you maybe do some mod to allow the grinder to swing the much more common 6" plate mount stones?

Take care.

Brian Laws>I just bought a model 1G Sellers drill grinder that is missing the

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I called Norton. They said they would be happy to make up a special 5" size wheel if I was willing to order 10 of them. Oh well...

I think the best solution is to make some sort of wheel adapter for the grinder.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Gary

Reply to
gary

immparts had written this in response to

:

We provide replacement parts, wheels and other comp> I just bought a model 1G Sellers drill grinder that is missing the

Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - rec.crafts.metalworking - 190682 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
immparts

Call sam smith at standard diamond

Reply to
roscoeba60

replying to gary, Sergio wrote: if you steel looking for wheels i have a few

Reply to
Sergio

replying to immparts, Driller wrote: Do you have parts for Sellers grinders?

Reply to
Driller

replying to immparts, Driller wrote: Do you have parts for Sellers grinders?

Reply to
Driller

replying to roscoeba60, Michael McCloskey wrote: I cannot find standard diamond. I am looking for sellers 1g parts. Could you help me out?

Reply to
Michael McCloskey

replying to Sergio, Michael McCloskey wrote: I need a 5" wheel for Sellers 1G grinder

Reply to
Michael McCloskey

replying to roscoeba60, Michael McCloskey wrote: I cannot find standard diamond. I am looking for sellers 1g parts. Could you help me out?

Reply to
Michael McCloskey

replying to Sergio, Michael McCloskey wrote: I need a 5" wheel for Sellers 1G grinder

Reply to
Michael McCloskey

replying to gary, randy wrote: Radiac was the wheel maker for the 6g Sellers . They may even have some stock for your sellers. I would also talk to Norton & Radiac about what they use to bond a wheel to their steel back plates. ...can't be that complicated.

Reply to
randy

replying to gary, randy wrote: Radiac was the wheel maker for the 6g Sellers . They may even have some stock for your sellers. I would also talk to Norton & Radiac about what they use to bond a wheel to their steel back plates. ...can't be that complicated.

Reply to
randy

replying to immparts, lfelipe09 wrote: I have a sellers 1g drill grinder and I'm looking for parts also

Reply to
lfelipe09

replying to immparts, lfelipe09 wrote: I have a sellers 1g drill grinder and I'm looking for parts also

Reply to
lfelipe09

replying to gary, sergio wrote: if u still need wheels i can spare 1 or 2

Reply to
sergio

replying to Michael McCloskey, sergio wrote: i have a few

Reply to
sergio

replying to gary, sergio wrote: if u still need wheels i can spare 1 or 2

Reply to
sergio

Hey Sergio, I have a Sellers 1G I just got up and going. I really need a wheel if you still have spare. Please contact me at snipped-for-privacy@rocketmail.com. Thank you so much for your help!

Reply to