Shift timer

Where might I find a clock that will activate my shift/lunch/break buzzer? The old time clock used to do that but I'm replacing it with a fingerprint scanner. I need at least 10 set points. I don't even know what to call it, I tried Google for everything I could think of.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Kevin Gallimore

axolotl

Can't you keep the old clock for only that job?

MikeB

Reply to
bq340

My 1st thought is a sprinkler timer, but the affordable ones ($30 last time for me but that was a decade ago) only have 6 zones. Buy 2 and get 12 setpoints.

Carl Boyd

Reply to
Carl Boyd

Would you like to bypass all the middle men?

American Time and Signal of Dassel, MN is the manufacturer behind nearly all commerical clocks. Give them a call 320-275-2101

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

If franklin doesn't have it - I don't know. Price might be the barrier. Looks right.

Have the relay drive a power relay or an AC solid state relay that drives the actual high current load. Then when the inductive bell kills the cheap relay - you just replace a cheap relay not the clock.

I was thinking of the vacation clocks - house sitter - that turns on lights so many times a day. But the on-off time is nasty for a bell.

I think the school and professional use one is the only way.

Mart> Tom Gardner wrote:

Martin H. Eastburn

One of the best in the world. Ive installed hundreds of them when I ran a Cincinnati Time dealership

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Ayup..some of their stuff is pretty good.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

"Tom Gardner" fired this volley in news:kppWj.3149$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi150.ffdc.sbc.com:

Pyramid makes them. Easy to program. We used one here.

(don't forget the 's' at the end of 'clocks')

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Maybe there's a computer program somewhere? RR

Reply to
Randy Replogle