Slow Motion Video of Bullet Impacts on Various Materials

RCM Content: metal bullets

Unfortunately, they don't have nay info or explaantion of what is going on. It still makes for interesting viewing.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Wow.. 1 million feet per second is mighty fast, I'm surprised the bullets don't come apart before they hit anything.

Some of the peeling, splaying bullets shots near the end of the video appear to be hitting objects with pilot holes drilled in them.

Fascinating to watch (very expensive video gear is required), I've looked up some of the ultra-high speed cameras used for these types of videos (very high frames per second).

Reply to
Wild_Bill

"Wild_Bill" fired this volley in news:CJIAm.23053$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-03.dc.easynews.com:

I'm surprised you didn't understand that 1MM feet per second is over 900 mach, or about 189 miles per second.

Oh... that and the fact that it was one million FRAMES per second.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Some days I'm slow, but I guess today, it's your turn.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

"Wild_Bill" fired this volley in news:EYIAm.25179$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-05.dc.easynews.com:

When you don't turn on your sarcasm flag, really droll stuff can be mistaken for at-face acceptance.

I'll give you the first sentence; the 'come apart' one.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

One million FRAMES per second.....