Small gear hobber needed

If anyone has a small Mikron gear hobber available I would be interested in talking. We have a .3 module, 14 tooth pinion gear to make. Yes, that's a "point" 3 module and I know it's small . We're located in Vancouver, WA. I can be emailed direct.

Thanks, John

Reply to
John

Charles A. Sherwood

Have you contacted NorthWest Shortline in Seattle?

They make gears for model railroad equipment and might be able to do what you need.

try

for the home page for some 0.3 mod gears

Howard R Garner

Reply to
Howard R Garner

Vancouver,

Thanks Howard! I've contacted NWSL and they have some gears that'll work for the R&D phase of this project. I'm also faxing him a print to quote making a quantity for a small production run.

Thanks again, I sure appreciate the info.

John Blake

Reply to
John

John,

I have a Mikron 112 which would eat the job, but it's the wrong side of the Atlantic for you

Andrew Mawson Bromley, Kent, UK

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Vancouver,

Thanks Andrew. I would love to come over and visit your area (and see the machine) since most of my family history comes from England/Scotland. Besides that, you guys have more appreciation for my two primary pastimes, Formula 1 and cycling, than my own countrymen! I have to get up at 4:30 am on the west coast to watch the races live. Whoops.... not this weekend though....it's China! Looks like you guys might have to get early this week. Cheers, John

Reply to
John

Bring a few blanks and the appropriate sized hob and we'll cut them while you have a holiday !

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

--Get hold of the Watch Works in Solvang, CA. He restores pinion cutting machines and sells them on occasion, IIRC. I took some photos of one a few years back; what a masterpiece of engineering it was..

Reply to
steamer