Some new Bridgeport photos uploaded

Mill taken off the casters. Front casters removed, mill raised on 2x4's so that the rear casters are suspended in the air.
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/My-Bridgeport-Mill/Mobile-Bridgeport-Mill-Base-On-Casters/
More pictures of the mill -- shows it more tooled, with lighting installed, with VFD, and better view of Graymills coolant pump.
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/My-Bridgeport-Mill/
As far as lighting goes, I have a 60 watt incandescent bulb that came with the mill. Also added a 100W equivalent compact fluorescent light to the right. On the ceiling, I installed two double 40w 4' T12 lights, for the total of 160 watt of fluorescent light, probably equivalent to about 640 incandescent watt. This makes working with the mill comfortable, as I like a lot of light.
Nice. Lot's of light is good. I like lots of light. Changing topic slightly if you haven't done so change your drop lights to compact flourescents. They don't fail when you drop or bump them into things and they don't burn you when you bump them. Someone here suggested it. Thanks whoever you are. Karl
On Jun 19, 7:30 pm, Ignoramus23858 <ignoramus23...@NOSPAM. 23858.invalid> wrote:

Hey Iggy,
I don't know what your immediate plans are for the mill, but as soon as possible get some more 2 X 4 to fill in the "gaps" under the base, not for load carry but to keep chips/swarf/"stuff" from getting under it. You will be amazed at the things you can lose under there!
Or make a skirt of light wood or sheet metal to do it.
Take care.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 00:30:39 -0500, Ignoramus23858

I have no plans to, say, sell this mill, I bought it to keep. Good point on filling that gap under the base. I will do something.
Right now I keep trying to keep the mill area very clean and sweep and vacuum all chips after every use very thoroughly. The main reason for it is kids in my house, who I do not want to step on chips. This applies to both me carrying chips on my shoes into the house, as well as children who sometimes walk through my garage.

I walked out into the garage barefoot *once* after getting my Bridgeport. So much for being a barefoot country boy when I'm too lazy to put my shoes on.
Seriously though. Steel chips are sharp and can cut badly. Kids have a tendancy to think of the floor as a play surface where cuts to hands and knees can occur.
If you have hardwood floors, better get a pair of comfortable shop shoes or the lady of the house will be very unhappy with you.
Wes

Yes, I try to wear shoes in the garage that I am not wearing inside the house -- and still make a big effort to clean up. I agree with you.