Some nice machine photos

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

I like the "Old lathe at Hagley museum in Wilmington, Delaware, shot with Light Painting " Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Somehow, I can't get back to that same caption on the photo of the planer Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Those are some great photos Dave! Thanks for posting the link.

I take a lot of machine pictures and once in a while get lucky. One of my favoirtes is at

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 21:24:14 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Errol Groff quickly quoth:

Dave, Errol, thanks for the links to two _great_ sets of inventions, tools, and memories.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Many people interested in machinery rather than art will like that better than the rossstudio photos, and a picture like that is much easier to take, in the usual museum. The light painting technique of the rossstudio photos requires ambient darkness, long timed exposures, and good guesses at what parts of the scene to illuminate and for how long. It can also produce awful results (see eg

) as well as artistic (eg
and the rossstudio URL).

-jiw

Reply to