Harvey House Photos.

Herewith a few photos of the old Harvey House dining room at the San Bernardino AT&SF depot: potential location of our club's new HO
layout.
Here's how it looked in circa 1910.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33885727@N03/3923908101/sizes/o /
And today. Needs work! (Photo taken from outside the bay window in the center of the old black and white photo.)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33885727@N03/3924690770/sizes/o /
View from the front door looking 20 yards north.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33885727@N03/3923905659/sizes/o /
May be difficult to get work done with all the distractions...
~Pete
Outstanding!!

You ain't seen nothin'!
Before the rest of the station was restored it had been abandoned for circa 20 years, and pigeons had come in through broken windows and had been nesting all around the second story for that entire time. To give you an idea of the area involved, see this HO model of the depot and it's extensive second floor...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33885727@N03/3924695934/sizes/o /
The guys who were hired to clean it out had to wear germ-proof isolation suits and respirators while they worked until they got it detoxed enough for human occupancy; which was probably no fun in 100 degree + summer temps with no air conditioning.... At least we don't have *that* to deal with!
And apparently we're going to get to use that model of the station on the layout, as well. I'm thinking of adding a few dozen Weston HO pigeons to the station's eaves...

It may get even better: there are arrangements in the works to modify a building just to the east of the depot as a permanent home for the Santa Fe 3751.
http://www.trainweb.org/richard/3751/3751_L_re12.jpg
(Crosses fingers and toes.)
~Pete