source for large metal wheels?

I'm going to need two large wheels, minimum 4 feet in diameter preferrably larger but no more than 6' diameter. Something off

1915-vintage tractors maybe, I dunno. The things need to be steel on the outer rim so I can weld spikes to them. Making a gizmo to haul trees over very rough mountain terrain. Anybody have any ideas where I can find such wheels? I'd really prefer not to have to attempt fabricating them from scratch. tia.
Reply to
random

Sounds like wheels off a hayrake! Try some farms in your area. Good Luck!

Reply to
David Smith

Search the news groups for old tractors. they should be able to help. Such wheels are still used on modern wheeled loaders but they will be expensive.

John

Reply to
John Manders

I got a set you can have IF you take the whole rake. And cut down all the trees that have grown up through it.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Wheels like that can be made using a bender similar to a Hossfelt and a welder. If you are up for that, I will post more info. Dan

Reply to
Dan Caster

Reply to
larry g

If there's a ski lift nearby,see about those cable 'pulleys' used to pull people up/down the hill. A friend got an old pair for hauling them away. About 5 feet diameter,great bearings,etc. he wants to make a waterwheel with them..... hth jay

Reply to
j.b. miller