source for large metal wheels?

I'm going to need two large wheels, minimum 4 feet in diameter
preferrably larger but no more than 6' diameter. Something off
1915-vintage tractors maybe, I dunno. The things need to be steel on
the outer rim so I can weld spikes to them. Making a gizmo to haul
trees over very rough mountain terrain. Anybody have any ideas where
I can find such wheels? I'd really prefer not to have to attempt
fabricating them from scratch. tia.
Reply to
random
Sounds like wheels off a hayrake! Try some farms in your area. Good Luck!
Reply to
David Smith
Search the news groups for old tractors. they should be able to help. Such wheels are still used on modern wheeled loaders but they will be expensive.
John
Reply to
John Manders
I got a set you can have IF you take the whole rake. And cut down all the trees that have grown up through it.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
Wheels like that can be made using a bender similar to a Hossfelt and a welder. If you are up for that, I will post more info. Dan
Reply to
Dan Caster
Can you get some tractor rims and weld a sheet steal tire around the outside, then weld on spikes? Have you tried to find an old pull type yarder? I know that there are some scattered around this country, Oregon, that can probably be had for a song. lg no neat sig line
Reply to
larry g
If there's a ski lift nearby,see about those cable 'pulleys' used to pull people up/down the hill. A friend got an old pair for hauling them away. About 5 feet diameter,great bearings,etc. he wants to make a waterwheel with them..... hth jay
Reply to
j.b. miller