Source of 1045 Steel TGP Pre-Keyed Shafting in 1 1/4" x 4'

I am looking for a company who has prices listed for 1 1/4" TGP 1045 steel shafting that is pre-keyed. Anyone have a source???

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Sierevello

Steve,

Not sure what means "TGP". Have you tried McMaster-Carr ?

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Well, that would be "turned ground and polished", Bob. But I have never heard of it pre-keyed. Not that hard to mill a 1/4" slot ..

Grant

Robert Sw> Not sure what means "TGP". Have you tried McMaster-Carr ?

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Short of finding some surplus or spare parts items(carriage feed drive shafts for larger lathes come to mind), I think you're chasing a wild goose here. It's not like there's a standard keyway size for that specific shaft size, you know. You might ask for quotes for shops willing to cut keyways for you, though, if you're not tooled up to do that length yourself. You'll have to specify the dimensions you want.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

============== see

?cPath=23_48&products_id=191
a whole bunch more 678k hits google on

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

------------------------------ Watch out w'en you'er gittin all you want. Fattenin' hogs ain't in luck.

Joel Chandler Harris (1848-1908), U.S. journalist. Uncle Remus: His Songs and His Sayings, "Plantation Proverbs" (1880).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

turned ground polished.

Reply to
John

There are standard key sizes for a specific shaft diameter. Look in Machinerys Handbook for the info. Sometimes though a keyway will get worn and it will be cut one size up and a stepped key will be used.

John

Reply to
John