South Bend 9 apron

I want to give the apron a good clean. The worm needs to be removed to get to some crud that's visible behind it. Anyone know how to remove the worm? It seems to have a pressed on collar that holds it captive in the apron. Would it be OK to drive it out with a suitable tool? There's a pin, for locating the feed shaft key. Does it have to be removed first?

Thanks Jordan

Reply to
Jordan

I've sorted it, and didn't break anything.

Reply to
Jordan