Colour of a 9-inch South Bend lathe.

Hi

Have been looking for a colour code for a lathe for quite some time now. The lathe is a South Bend 9" Model A.

Like on this page

at the 9" Model A "Precision" 1952 version.

Only difference is that it has flad-belt drive and not V-belt drive.

The thing is that I want to repaint the lathe in the original color. But what is the original color? (A close match would also do) For me a RAL colour code would be simplest way to identify the colour.

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

Have you tried the yahoo South Bend group?

Russell

Reply to
Russell

replying to , Dror Oren wrote: Did you get any luck matching RAL color?

Reply to
Dror Oren

replying to , Dror Oren wrote: Did you have any luck matching RAL color?

Reply to
Dror Oren

I have owner two South Bends- well a SB and a SB 'badged' Unitool (or Unitol?), which I still have.

The first was a monster, complete with base etc. I think it was a Heavy 10.

The current one is a modest bench top model- the 9" Workshop Lathe.

Both were/are a light green- almost like a Hammerite finish.

If the colour isn't original it would be a funny coincidence.

Reply to
Brian Reay