Aldi Chop Saw - Revisit

Hi chaps, how are they working out in use, please? Reason for asking is they still have a couple in my local Aldi; down to £87 now.

Any problems or recommends? Worth it?

Thanks.

John

Reply to
JC Morrice

Ours are down to =A369.99 now. Bought one when they were the original =A389.99 and so far it's cut a bar of 40 x 12 stainless up, two bars of 5/8" mild steel and one bar of 3" x 3/4" alloy, all into about 4" long pieces.

Blade looks OK so far.

JS.

Reply to
John S

In article , John S writes

Ooh - thanks for that! What branch please? I will see if I can prevail upon our local branch manager to drop his price.

"Hi, still can't get rid of those? - sniff - "Not surprised; branch X is flogging them for £69 now."

Might be worth a punt..... :)

John

Reply to
JC Morrice

Long Eaton in Nottinghamshire

Reply to
John S

Thanks John.

Our guy would not budge - paid the full £87. It will go along with the Aldi/Lidl mitre/chop wood saw I got last year. The wood saw seems to do a good job for the approx £50 it was - just as good as a B&Q job at £245 or so.

John

Reply to
JC Morrice