Ultra thin screwdriver - update on Brownells Thin-Bit set

Hi folks,
Just to let you know that I solved my ultra thin screwdriver problem. Thanks for all the help. I found a gun tools dealer (Michael Fujiwara of
Idaho - let me know if you want his details) willing to ship the Brownells set to England at a reasonable price. So I bought the Brownells Thin-Bit set and a Clip-Tip Law Enforcement handle. Thanks very much to BillM for the recommendation.
The bits appear well made and are nicely presented in a box. I've already used them and I'm glad I bought the set. I'm surprised but I think I've already used about half of the eighteen bits in the set.
The handle looks very durable, but it doesn't quite hold the bit tightly enough for my liking. There's some noticeable bit wobble. But all the screwdriver handles I've seen which accept interchangeable bits are similar. In my mind, I can imagine a screwdriver handle which holds the bit in a 1/4" hex collet with a sliding or threaded collet to compress the collet. Anyone know if such a handle exists?
Best wishes,
Chris
Christopher Tidy wrote:

That should have read "sliding or threaded collar to compress the collet".
Chris
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Ultra thin bits? I would have reccommended the WIHA picofinish-screwdrivers.
Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
<http://www.yadro.de>

    [ ... ]

    Yes. I've got three of them. Utica torque limiting screwdrivers. There is a collet plus an O-ring to keep the bit from falling out if you loosen the collet's knurled nut with the bit pointing down. :-)
    But be sitting down when you read the price. (Even the price on eBay.) But there are things where they are lifesavers, such as for installing the CPU modules in Sun Blade 1000/2000 systems and Sun Fire 280R (same system board, but in a rack-mount chassis instead of a tower, optimized for use as a file server, not a workstation.)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
DoN. Nichols wrote:

I thought such a screwdriver would exist. Do you know if Utica make such a screwdriver which isn't torque limiting? I can live without the torque limiting - in fact, I doubt I'd use it much; I tend just to trust my intuition - but I'd like the collet which grips the bit tightly.
Best wishes,
Chris

    [ ... ]

    Apparently, Utica specializes in torque tools.
    You could always *make* your own screwdriver collet chuck.
    Or -- you could drill and tap the side of the socket for a setscrew (grub screw?) to retain the bit.
    Note that some things which use the longer screwdriver bits have a spring-loaded ball detent which engages the groove near the back of the bit. For the short ones which are held magnetically, the setscrew seems to be the only option other than making your own collet.
    Good Luck,         DoN.
DoN. Nichols wrote:

Actually, the handle I just bought has the ball detent, even though the bits and handle are short. Or, actually, I'm doubtful that it is a ball detent. It looks and feels more like a circlip, without the "ears". But it still lets the bit wobble a little.
Best wishes,
Chris