Tool tout

I was in the hardware store the other day, looking through their clearance table and saw this screwdriver bit set. It had a newfangled ratcheting, folding handle that I didn't much care about, but it had a variety of 38 bits, including 6 hex, 6 torx, and 6 nut driver bits. For $10, that's about $.25/bit, so I bought it.

Today, I was removing a tight screw in a awkward spot, so I tried the ratcheting, folding handle. Boy, that was nice! With the handle folded and the ractchet action, I could keep more pressure on and remove it without re-gripping every 30 degrees of turn. Sometimes, newfangled _is_ better and not just a gimmick.

It was a Stanley set, here's one:

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt