Special diamond drill requirement - can you help?

Hi, all!

A friend of mine came to me for help. He has a special piece of equipment that uses a custom diamond drill bit. (I am not sure, but I think it is for drilling anchor holes in rock.) He has lost his source, and we are trying to find an outfit for him that can duplicate these bits.

Pictures of them can be found here:

The body diameter is 0.375".

This is a very interesting bit. It looks like industrial diamonds in braze metal. There is a clear hole through the center for coolant (?), and three flutes around the diameter for the coolant to flush out.

I don't know much more than you do, at this point. I am sure one of you will say, "Ah-ha, I know exactly what that is!....."

The question is: Who can make me more of these?

Thanks for your help! You're a great group!

-Spencer

Reply to
Spencer

Try search with key words core drill bit. Looked briefly and found the following:

Good luck

Jim Vrzal

Spencer wrote:

Reply to
Mawdeeb

Thanks, Jim.

The difference is that my bit is not a core bit. It makes a hole, whereas a core bit takes a core sample. The coolant is flushed through a tiny hole in the middle to wash the swarf back around the periphery.

I appreciate the effort, though!

SW

Spencer

The people at Brunner and Lay should be able to advise you even if they can't supply the item. On my drill steels, the hole down the center of the drill steel shaft uses air which can be either supplied by the compression of the drill or by an external source to clear away the accumulated chips to facilitate faster drilling. Usually, only the large pneumatic rigs use water to flush the drills.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey