Spindle noses

Where can I find info on lathe spindle noses. I keep seeing references to what nose a given lathe has or chuck is designed for but can't don't see the info in my Machinerys Handbook. There is info for mill spindle noses though.

Thanks,

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

You will have to either get it from a manaufacturer, or purchase it from ISO. The standard is ISO 702 (-1, -2, -3, -4) 702-4 is for conical adaption.

-2 is for camlock adaption, -3 is bayonet type. This was formally the ANSI A2-x et al standards.

Reply to
Anthony

Other useful info:
David Merrill