"split" rollers for conveyor needed

We're trying to find a source for a variety of roller for a non powered conveyor that is split. I saw this type of conveyor in a Peddinghaus Brochure. Peddinghaus manufactures excellent ironworking machines and I noticed the "split" roller conveyor that served this machine. I realized the feature was more useful in that it allowed some material to loiter, not be advanced, while other material can be fed thru the machine easily. The current infeed to our ironworker is a disgrace. I guess we could make split rollers.........but I'm sure the axle needs to be continuous hence dissasembly scraping aquire new axle.................we're not intersted in that................we just want the right material.................any ideas ppl? Vito

VITO

I made up "split" rollers for feeding angle for cutting as well as stands with split rollers for feeding angle through the punch. If you are interested e-mail me and I will send some pics. Rollers were made from pipe with blanks on ends drilled for a 3/4 inch piece of cold roll. No bearings but reliable. Randy

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

These unpowered roller tables are known in UK as Gravity Rollers". Split roller tables are readily available. A Google search might turn up what you want.

John

Reply to
John Manders

snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM (VITO) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

go to

and search for split roller conveyor. I am sure you will return many hits.

Reply to
Anthony

In addition to the sources already listed, you might consider a "skate wheel" conveyor if you're working with relatively light material. (This is the sort of thing used to move boxes on an assembly line and they come in straight and curved sections)

These show up as surplus all the time and really cheap. Look under "Material Handling" in the yellow pages.

Carla

Reply to
Carla Fong