Stainless Steel Welding with sp-135?

I own a Lincoln SP-135. I've read articles that say it doesn't produce enough amps to weld 14 gauge stainless. I've read other articles that say it is. The question is; should I get the argon mix bottle and stainless wire or not? As a simple wire feed welder it's great but I need to get some stainless things welded!

Any help is appreciated!

Reply to
joelholio

There seems to be a difference in the melting points between S.Steel & carbon steel--I tried to weld (tig) some plain ole steel with S.S. rod and the rod wanted to melt & run off instead of fusing with the base metal. I don't know how the reverse would work, but you do need the Argon-or a mix- for shielding.

Reply to
jerry wass