standard drill chuck

I was given a drill chuck called a standard drill chuck. This was the name on the chuck. It kind of looks like a jacob chuck except it works on a different principal. The chuck has a key hole on the side and that works a left and right screw. It opens a v shaped metal drill holder . The drill dates back to 1890 at least. There are several other types of drill chucks of that vintage. The reason that I am interested is that I am looking at the jacobs chuck in the camel back drill press in the wright brothers shop and they have one in the drill press. It has a number 3 mores taper. I checkede with the Jacobs drill chuck company and Mr Jacobs invented the jabos chuck in 1902. I think that for the wright brother to have got that chuck would be unlikley. Does anybody no about old drill chucks. Don

Reply to
Don