Standard Modern Lathe opinions?

Anything I ever sent to Crown assets - mostly Lister diesel powered generator sets @ 3-5 KW complete with automatic transfer switches, ended up piled on top of similar units resting in mud inside a fenced enclosure at Toronto airport. I don't know where the went from there but I expect they got loaded out as scrap metal since that's all they would be good for after a couple years storage. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Everything from "stored in the rain for years" right up to "still warm from it's last job, but we got a newer one"

Pretty much the whole range between.

Crapshoot. It may be something simple to fix, there may be nothing wrong with it, or it may suffer from something terminal.

I have looked at a lot of it.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

commits suicide"

Of course. Even they can be right twice a day.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

Ayup. They are rugged, tough,accurate mounts that wont come undone, arent picky or finicky about what chuck you stick on it and at one time..was just about the preferred industrial taper, so there are lots of chucks/mounts etc around.

Gunner

commits suicide"