Steel disk source

I need a source for 24 pcs. of 1/4" to 3/8" thick by 4-1/2" to 5-1/2" diameter steel disks. They will be end caps for 3-1/2" diameter tubes to
make them into rollers. Any ideas? I was thinking barbell weights for midgets, but Google didn't show any...too politically incorrect?
Just have them plasma cut or even torched by an outfit close to you.
Karl
Tom Gardner wrote:

Wagner sells flat disks with no holes. Their part number for 1/4" thick 4.5" disk is D246. For 1/4" thick 5.5" disk, use part number D293.
Try https://www.shopwagner.com/nxc/nxcli.nsf - it doesn't look like they have 3/8" disks in 4-1/2 or 5-1/2" sizes, though, only 4" or 5".
I like Wagner. They have lots of stuff I can use.
Grant Erwin
+1 on rb wagner - we use their discs at work and they have great service and prices.
-- Regards, Carl Ijames carl dott ijames aat verizon dott net (remove nospm or make the obvious changes before replying)

Tom Gardner wrote:

Of course, you could simply buy a circle cutting attachment for your torch, these are going to be welded anyway.
Grant

Thanks Grant! For $3.21 I can't possibly make them! Cool supplier! (Did you like my smart-assed answer about ordering from us?) You don't have to stand on one foot...888-411-3265 toll-free Call anytime after noon, I have to watch Judge Judy before I go to work.
Tom Gardner wrote:

When does your case come up? ;-)
prove it.

I'm addicted to the "Judge" shows! Nobody could DREAM-UP those cases!
Tom Gardner wrote:

Or those losers?
I thought you might be on there to get a settlement from one of the burglars. :)
--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!

Do you have a website?
Wes

http://www.judgejudy.com / Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Or a foot of 5" dia bar and do them on the bandsaw. Might take half to one hour per cut for a little say but the job doesn't require a lot of attention.
Mark Rand (who's been making gear blanks from a 4" dia bar of 4340) RTFM
On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 21:42:57 GMT, Grant Erwin
=========Hey this is RCM -- You can *MAKE* a circle cutting attachment....
Looks like the hard item might be the strong magnet for the pivot.
for some store bought units https://weldingsupply.securesites.com/Airforce250a.pdf http://store.weldersource.com/hycicugu.html http://www.thermadyne.com/IM_Uploads/DocLib_1953_63-2331%20TDCAccessFlyer%209-06.pdf http://www.thermadyne.com/IM_Uploads/DocLib_1561_ArcPlasmaCutLTInd.PDF http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/servlet/the-1134/MILLER-SPECTRUM-PLASMA-CIRCLE/Detail http://www.thewelderswarehouse.com/Welding/copy_of_Plasma_Cutting_Guide_Kit.html http://www.millerwelds.com/education/articles/article97.html

I ordered the parts today, thanks again!
Tom Gardner wrote:

How about some round stock cut off in a bandsaw?
I often see disks such a this at the surplus metal suppliers. They are the drops from cutting holes in plates. They have a small start-up arc close to the edge, but that shouldn't bother you. Garelick in Mpls Mn almost always has them. Discount Steel, also in Mpls, had some tubs of them the last time I was there. I couldn't come up with any reason to buy any, so I only bought a few.
Pete Stanaitis ------------------
Tom Gardner wrote:

Tom I see you are capping your rollers with discs the same diameter as the tube. This would require grinding the weld down to match the OD. I have been cutting the discs I need when making rollers or wheels to be a slight press fit on the tube ID. I priced out 5" dia discs and came pretty close to the catalog price. Your local CNC plasma or laser cutting shop should be able to do them for the same price. Steve

No, reread the specs. The caps are 4.5" on a 3.5" tube. The flange will keep the wooden spools from walking off the end of the roller as it unspools wire. We're going to just weld the caps on and drill a 3/4" hole in the caps and weld the caps to a 3/4" through shaft.

Ah yes, I see it now .....written quite plainly. Sorry about that!