"[T]he right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited."

Some limitation on the types of arms protected by the second amendment is clearly within the scope of the amendment. Mr. Justice Scalia in the Heller decision:

There seems to us no doubt, on the basis of both text and history, that the Second Amendment conferred an individual right to keep and bear arms. Of course the right was *not unlimited*, just as the First Amendment ?s right of free speech was not, see, e.g., United States v. Williams, 553 U. S. ___ (2008). Thus, we do not read the Second Amendment to protect the right of citizens to carry arms for any sort of confrontation, just as we do not read the First Amendment to protect the right of citizens to speak for any purpose. [...] Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is *not unlimited*. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry *any weapon whatsoever* in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose. [emphasis added]

You may think the right *ought* to be unlimited, but as a matter of text, history and interpretation, it is not. That is simply a fact, and crazed far-right gun crackpots are going to have to accommodate themselves to that fact.

Reply to
Matt Singer

Until Judge Kennedy retires.

(VBG)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Nope. The court will always uphold some gun control measures.

Reply to
Matt Singer

Some? Define and give us your definition of..."some"

Reply to
Gunner Asch

No. You already know what it means.

The courts will evaluate gun control measures that are challenged in court. Some measures will be struck down; others will be upheld.

Reply to
Matt Singer

You still are avoiding the term "some". It must mean something to you quite specific whe you blew this out your ass:

" You may think the right *ought* to be unlimited, but as a matter of text, history and interpretation, it is not. That is simply a fact, and crazed far-right gun crackpots are going to have to accommodate themselves to that fact."

So please, once again, to avoid showing yourself to be the butt stupid slug you are showing yourself to be...define "some".

Oh..Ill also ask you to show us all the history of gun control since

1776. It will be interesting to note you provide NOTHING to the request, yet Ill make it.

Go ahead. Then Ill return the favor..with cites and atributes.

Go ahead punk..make my day.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch on Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:02:55 -0700 typed in misc.survivalism the following:

From my Biz Law Class, back before the rule of Law became moot - "Some" does not qualify for a contract. It is, legally speaking, undefined. "Half, a third,12, all, one less than all" - those constitute definite quantities.

But "some"? Like "a few" that is a subjective amount. Anecdote of the pastor who asked if his parishoner, who ran a flower bulb farm, could spare a few bulbs for around the church. :No problem, I'll drop them off." Couple days later he drops off "some bulbs" - a large, rather full, gunny sack There were enough bulbs to plant around the church, the manse, the neighbors - seems the parson and the farmer had differing understanding of what constituted "a few bulbs".

So I'm not surprised he doesn't want to be pinned down to committing himself to specifics. That way he can always claim he was correct.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich