Tamper-resistant screw

I'm wondering why anyone would want a Mac laptop. I have a couple Mac computers. They make almost decent door stops.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

chaniarts

No they don't.

Reply to
Ignoramus27981

I suggested that, she didnt want to go that route. To much exrtra stuff to pack when flying to bussines meetings.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

No need, if she leaves what she doesn't need for that trip on the external drive. Another option is a handful of USB memory sticks. I have a half doven memory sticks, and eight external drives. One is one terabyte, and smaller ones for different projects. I also have a one terabyte drive in this computer, that I do web design with.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yep, the referenced fastener wasn't a large, high torque fastener with threadlocker on it.

A normal screwdriver of an appropriate size, and a file can conquer most recessed screw heads. I'd sacrifice many of the inexpensive common screwdrivers that I've held on to for decades, in a minute, if I really needed to get something apart quickly.

There is always a reasonably simple way to remove a screw of any type.. and I've removed lots of those little pressed-in flat or crowned, no-feature fasteners over the decades, without marking up the equipment.

The only realistic reason to have a million screwdrivers/nutdrivers of various lengths (for those fasteners that are often in deep recesses), is convenience.. typically someone that needs a special driver frequently to quickly work with odd fasteners in a timely manner (job performance scrutiny/rating, tight hourly costs).

A screw head with a recess should be a simple removal/replacement task for anyone that owns some cheap screwdrivers and a file.

The multitude of great stuff at HF is mentioned here regularly.. so a dozen small screwdrivers shouldn't cost much.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Does the Macbook Air have an SDHC slot? 16G class 10 cards are less than $25 these days.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

be a man and get her a real computer.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I replaced / upgraded the HD in a friend's macbook (the AL cased one). There was a disassembly pictorial online that helped, but it was still quite irritating. Finding a 2.5" PATA drive for it was also difficult. After successful but tedious drive replacement, I grabbed my PC laptop and demonstrated the 3.5 second HD removal on a properly designed machine.

Reply to
Pete C.