Tesla Turbine #3

first two were CD's on a skateboard bearing....

new turbine:

1 hard disk from a PC 1 2" piece of 1/8" tubing 1 small piece of plywood... approximately 10 minutes in the shop.

the disc's don't have end plates. No back plate or exhaust plate.

The runners don't have exhaust holes...

I drilled 8 holes through the runners for exhaust.

drilled a 2" hole in the case for exhaust

drilled a 1/8" hole in side of case for nozzle.

1/8" tubing with a 45degree angle ground off the end.

piece of plywood for keeping nozzle straight

Duct tape to hold it together.

now I have a case! The case for the hard drive will fit right over the discs... it isn't round like Tesla's design, but it works....

I have no idea how many RPM's I'm getting. it's going fast. There is no output shaft, so I cannot connect a generator...

I might hook a meter up to the stepper motor on back.. I might be able to get some power out of the thing.

It's just like a gyroscope. Spin it fast and hold it, and it wobbles in your hand from ?centrifugal? force.

Rich

Reply to
aiiadict