turbine jet

you might check w/ rec.models.rc.air
or try the AMT turbines at
They don't seem to go quite that high in thrust, however. also, your looking at $4000-5000.
Reply to
OldSchool
As a former jet engine designer for GE, I can tell you it could cost MILLIONS more to do it right...and if you make a mistake along the way you could seriously hurt yourself...and/or burn your house down. Unless you have some corporate resources (or unlimited personal finances) and REALLY know what you're doing engineering-wise, I'd highly recommend against trying to produce your own small turbojet.
I can also tell you that in order to fly turbine models in the USA you need a special skills cerification from AMA. In general most model turbines cost from $3000 US upwards...you gotta pay to play. One reason I don't.
Here's a few more model turbine sources:
R/C ducted fan installations are cheaper than genuine turbines, though still expensive. You may want to look into those...though you probably won't find a thrust rating anywhere near 25 kilos. Design light.
Reply to
Rufus
Yeah...just find it interesting how often commercial items are getting used by the gov (any gov, I suppose...) these days. If it's enough to hand out pricing breaks and set aside webspace, one has to assume a substantial market.
Reply to
Rufus

Site Timeline