turbine jet

hello people

does anyone knows a powerfull and small RC model turbine jet ?

I need at least a push of 25 kilos.

Reply to
sowhat

you might check w/ rec.models.rc.air

or try the AMT turbines at

They don't seem to go quite that high in thrust, however. also, your looking at $4000-5000.

Reply to
OldSchool

"Government buyers"?..interesting...

Reply to
Rufus

Rufus a =E9crit :

that's expenssive.

How much would that cost to build it yourself ?

Reply to
sowhat

May not be practical.....see this article

OldSchool

Unmanned and drone vehicles, so it seems......

Reply to
OldSchool

As a former jet engine designer for GE, I can tell you it could cost MILLIONS more to do it right...and if you make a mistake along the way you could seriously hurt yourself...and/or burn your house down. Unless you have some corporate resources (or unlimited personal finances) and REALLY know what you're doing engineering-wise, I'd highly recommend against trying to produce your own small turbojet.

I can also tell you that in order to fly turbine models in the USA you need a special skills cerification from AMA. In general most model turbines cost from $3000 US upwards...you gotta pay to play. One reason I don't.

Here's a few more model turbine sources:

R/C ducted fan installations are cheaper than genuine turbines, though still expensive. You may want to look into those...though you probably won't find a thrust rating anywhere near 25 kilos. Design light.

Reply to
Rufus

Yeah...just find it interesting how often commercial items are getting used by the gov (any gov, I suppose...) these days. If it's enough to hand out pricing breaks and set aside webspace, one has to assume a substantial market.

Reply to
Rufus