The sound of money

Damn. my dad was cutting off a mounting block (round stock with dovetails) and the cut-off tool wasn't set right, probably too high. I could hear it rubbing on the part. He launched the cut-off insert into never-never land, plus damaged the lower "jaw".

Looks like a "T" blade is in my future, I can't afford to let him learn that way. Course, he's hard of hearing, so he probably didn't hear the death scream...

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Make a centre height gauge before it's too late.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Either that, or one that stands on the ways of the lathe and has been adjusted to the centre height of that lathe.

Oh, and get your dad to use it :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand