Work Clothes

I saw this on Gizmag this morning and thought it fit. Some of us are hard on clothing in the shop or work. Others are them that gol durn biker dudes. (Hi, Snag) Anyway, Got Dyneema?

Larry Jaques

Thanks for the tip Larry , but I don't spend 600 bucks on clothes in 10 years ... and anyway I have a pretty nice ser of leathers .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

At such a cheap price, I'm surprised you're not rushing out to buy a set for every day of the week, or at least one pair for Sunday.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass, too. Surely, though, we'll see them on every dentist on his Harley every weekend.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'm actually going to use those leathers today . Going to the Ozark Seed Swap in a little while . I've gotten a lot of fairly uncommon varieties of veggies and stuff , all acclimatized to our area . And since I took the Ultra to the likker store yesterday I plan to ride the Ol' Lady's Sportster trike . The long way ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I probably do spend $600 on clothes in ten years. I frequent the local Sa lvation Army and buy shirts, jackets , and cashmere sweaters there. But pa ss on buying jeans. I buy them from Walmart for less than $10. For some r eason I wear out the left knee on the blue jeans. I tried to fix that with some Kevlar, but it just is not worth the effort.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Salvation Army and buy shirts, jackets , and cashmere sweaters there. But pass on buying jeans. I buy them from Walmart for less than $10. For some reason I wear out the left knee on the blue jeans. I tried to fix that wi th some Kevlar, but it just is not worth the effort.

Interesting. I always wear out the right knee before the left - something t o do with politics maybe? Recently, though, I've been being more conscienti ous about using kneepads.

Also, for a lot of my factory work, I've switched to Duluth Firehose pants. Yes, they're expensive, but they are tough as nails, comfortable, fit well , have lots of pockets and come clean in the wash.

Reply to
rangerssuck

l Salvation Army and buy shirts, jackets , and cashmere sweaters there. Bu t pass on buying jeans. I buy them from Walmart for less than $10. For so me reason I wear out the left knee on the blue jeans. I tried to fix that with some Kevlar, but it just is not worth the effort.

to do with politics maybe? Recently, though, I've been being more conscien tious about using kneepads.

s. Yes, they're expensive, but they are tough as nails, comfortable, fit we ll, have lots of pockets and come clean in the wash.

Also, I buy T-shirts at Goodwill for $.49 each. Usually brand new.

Reply to
rangerssuck

I had that happen. When i'd get out of the driver's side my left knee would always touch the door.

Reply to
mogulah

Seed Swap: an extremely good thing for acclimatized heirloom varieties. Great!

You reckon ta carry -that- many seeds back, boy?

Of you come across any diesel motocross bikes for free, keep me in mind, will ya?

I had to laugh at this one, in comparison to the USMC bike:

Larry Jaques

So, how many pairs can we put you down for...at "only" $600/pr?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

LOL. Reminds me of a ride I took up to Phx once for Az Bike week. Some event or another was happening first thing in the AM at a shop up that way. One of the counter guys was making fun of me and laughing because I showed in my full leathers. Finally I turned to him and said, "I rode 180 miles in the cold before breakfast to be here asshole. Most of these folks rode less than ten miles across town."

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Good Gracious, why would you want Spectra lines on your boats. After all you never put them in the water.

Another free boat parked in the yard? What's the matter? the old trailer wearing out and you are going to lice in a boat.... parked in the yard.

Reply to
goodsoldierschweik

Good Gracious. "I'm waiting for a buddy to bring a water pump". A boat with no bilge pump? You really are a sailor, aren't you. Or maybe you just walk on the water when the boat fills up with water and sinks.

(Or maybe you just light that string of firecrackers and listen to the "bang, bang. bang".

Reply to
goodsoldierschweik

Gunner Asch on Mon, 06 Mar 2017 08:11:14 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Nothing so expensive as a Free Boat. B-)

-- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Good Gracious. When you are working with gunner's talent it is probable that checking the oil about maxed him out for the day.

Reply to
goodsoldierschweik

You didn't "rebuild" anything. And it's still junk.

Post the name and I'll email them a link to the Wieber Cliff Notes. As if they won't be smart enough to find them when they google your name.

LOL That ain't going to make up for your lifetime of BS.

Translation: wasted more of my life dragging home a waterlogged pretend-yacht to hoard.

Have fun sitting in it on the trailer and wearing your Thurston Howell cap.

Oh brother. Instead of taking your word, it makes a whole lot more sense to keep checking up on your new liens to measure Trump's performance.

What email, gasbag?

Reply to
Perfect Day

I find that generally (as in, not exclusively), the level of leatherification is inversely proportional to the seriousness of the rider. Case in point, Wieber blubbering about his "leathers" to go with his motionless backyard scrap iron, and his phony "million miles" of "scooter" riding. What most of them ARE serious about though is projecting an image. What they don't realize is that their outfit, particularly when combined with a 60 hp behemoth and fringes, is pretty goddamned funny. When it includes chaps, fingerless gloves and a bare head, it's beyond hilarious, and reminds me of alternatively of Cyndi Lauper and Liberace, which probably isn't what they had in mind. Most of them don't venture out in the rain, but if they get caught in it and can't find an overpass to cower under, they look like wet dogs decorated with chamois.

BTW, for cold and wet, I wear a 35 year old waterproof Belstaff suit. The synthetic type, not waxed cotton. With various layers and a heated vest underneath. Behind a full fairing and an electric windshield.

Reply to
Perfect Day

Har!

Spectra's good, rugged stuff, Maynard.

If you do buy stainless cable, buy a 100' hank. Much cheaper that way. (Often cheaper to buy 100 than 50. When affordable, that is.)

Ten or fewer gallons of gas is

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You didn't do a very good pre-flight walkaround, did you, son? What if you had been pulled over (for heavy weaving, etc.)and found the cockpit full of bales of pot? You didn't see that weight in the tires? Tsk, tsk.

Requires group membership, even though I had already been forced to sign in to Yahoo.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've always favored my Frogg Toggs and an HJC flip up full face helmet for rain runs. I noticed the other day my Frogg Toggs are getting a little wore out and need to be replaced. Nice thing about the Frogg Toggs is they do a nice job for inclement weather tournament fishing too. Pull them on over my Ridgeline jacket and I am good to fish in driving sleet, and have.

Reply to
Bob La Londe