The "tank"

On 6 Jun 2004 13:59:20 -0700, jim rozen vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Yes indeed. We had a guy here years ago who stole an Armoured Personnel Carrier and drove it around for a while. I am sure not everyone (by a long chalk) was unsympathetic

Unfortunately the best you can hope for the poor guy was that he _felt_ good at going out in a blaze of glory. In the end he still loses against City Hall, really.

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted child would do this?"....the internet seems full of them. It's very sad

Reply to
Old Nick

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:10:59 -0400, "George Willer" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Well, I am not one of them although I completely disagree with his ideas of what is right and have huge differences about the way he "proves" them, and neither is Dean by the looks.

But hands up anyone to whose mind the G word did not spring even faintly!

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted child would do this?"....the internet seems full of them. It's very sad

Reply to
Old Nick

PLONK!

Reply to
Ken Davey

Buh bye.

Reply to
Duck Dog

If anybody does decide to do a project like that, PLEASE upload your pics and text to the dropbox before the rampage!

Reply to
ATP

Hmm, armored 1990 Mazda 626...

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Actually, the fellow did a very creditable job using the laminate. Its spalling effects are self limiting, nearly impossible to penetrate with ordinary small arms (Im surprised though that no on had a big .50 rifle in that neck of the woods, (or would use it on that poor bastard)

Google search on "Cobham Armor", which is what most main battle tanks now use..a multilayered laminate of metals and ceramics

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

I spoke to him the other day. He is doing well and is in the midst of some interesting projects. I foisted a DC drive and gear motor off on him for one of his projects.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

That's why stealth beats armor, if you strike and escape you can strike another day. Classis guerrila warfare, an armored dozer is WW1 style.

Reply to
Nick Hull

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:23:27 GMT, "ATP" stated, with eyes & arms akimbo:

With measured drawrings, too, please. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------ Vote early, Vote often, Vote for Chad!

Comprehensive Website & Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner sez: "... I spoke to him the other day. He is doing well and is in the midst of some interesting projects. I foisted a DC drive and gear motor off on him for one of his projects. ... "

Second that! Pete is very much alive and well. I had some email correspondence with him a couple of weeks ago. It is RCM's loss that Pete no longer posts here.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 01:42:21 GMT, "Leo Lichtman" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

I just want to add that I reckon someone turned off his white noise, or at least cut through the blanket. Poor bastard.

I still hope he felt good as he pulled the final.....he did not injure a person, but hurt a lot.

I will say that there is a _very_ thin layer of white noise over this whole NG.

Thats' _good_ BTW.

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted child would do this?"....the internet seems full of them. It's very sad

Reply to
Old Nick

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 06:45:13 -0400, Nick Hull vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

You are running for government right?

But how do you _feel_ about that guy?

hmmmm......

I am not a a Christian by definition, although I feel that some guy existed, who expounded various philosophies (with which I mostly agree) and went through all the Hill of Skulls nastiness.

Sorry. In essence. Jesus was a front-up failure who got horribly killed. No guerrila stuff.

But look at the power!

On a more prosaic, modern note, people still remember Ghandi.